Last Updated: April 2013
The TRUSTe program covers our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our website, www.skyhighnetworks.com and our Skyhigh Discovery and Risk Assement Service. The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Skyhigh Networks.
Skyhigh Networks Inc. complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. Skyhigh Networks has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Skyhigh Networks' certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
What are Skyhigh Networks' practices regarding the collection and use of information?
Personally Identifiable Information:
- We may collect personally identifiable information from you (including, without limitation, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, event type and date) when you provide it to us such as when you create an account, enter a promotion, sign-up for a newsletter, participate in a survey, contact customer service or otherwise interact with us. We may maintain a record of the purchases you make with us.
- Personally identifiable information also includes information regarding which software-as-a-service (SaaS) websites, and any websites, are used, by whom used, when used and the frequency of use.
We may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send your information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products, services, promotions and the like;
- To administer and fulfill information requests and our promotions and offers, and, if you order products or services, to process and fulfill your order and to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To help us learn more about your preferences;
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- To enhance your experience with Skyhigh Networks;
- To analyze trends and statistics;
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and business;
- To contact you if necessary.
- We use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on this Site and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of this Site. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
- Pixel tags on this Site may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with this Site. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to this Site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
- Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
- Other Information: As you interact with us, certain information may be collected passively, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, operating system, or the MAC address of a wireless device that you may be using to access our site. This helps us identify you and provide better service to you. An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. The "MAC Address" or "Media Access Control Address" is an identifier attached to a network adapter, such as your wireless (Wi-Fi) card, device, or component.
- Personally Identifiable Information:
What are Skyhigh Networks’ practices regarding sharing and disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information?
- Provided that any such disclosure shall be aggregated and on an anonymous, non-personally identifiable basis, the Customer agrees that Skyhigh Networks may use for its business purposes portions of the Customer Data, or specific metrics derived from Customer's usage of the Skyhigh Networks Services, or both.
- We may collect and aggregate statistics on our product usage and any related cloud service usage across Customers that will help Skyhigh Networks perform industry benchmarking of service usage, product usage trending, and for projecting business and operational scaling.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share the personally identifiable information that you provide us within Skyhigh Networks, and with entities that control, or are controlled by, or are in common control with, Skyhigh Networks (the "Affiliated Entities"), but not any third parties.
- If and when Skyhigh Networks is compelled to disclose information, personally identifiable information of any user may be shared with other companies outside Skyhigh Networks: (i) as permitted by law; (ii) in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets of Skyhigh Networks you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;; (iii) in the event of a bankruptcy of Skyhigh Networks; (iv) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process; or (v) to protect the interests or safety of Skyhigh Networks or other visitors to this Site.
How do I access or change my information?
- You can review and change certain personally identifiable information related to your use of this Site (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at this Site, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit or delete your personally identifiable information in your account profile. Login information, which is a basis for accessing our system is not immediately purged or deleted.
- You can also ask us to update your personally identifiable information by contacting us as described in the section below entitled, "How do I contact you?" We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Any request to update or delete your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and up to 8 weeks for your postal mail request. Requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Testimonials/Comments/Reviews: We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your personal information from Testimonials or comments please contact us at email@example.com
How do I stop receiving Skyhigh Networks marketing communications?
- If you prefer not to receive promotional emails, such as information about new products, special offers and sales events, from one or more of the Skyhigh Networks brands, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the below section entitled, "How do I contact you?". Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from the Skyhigh Networks brand. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request.
- Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Does Skyhigh Networks combine information from different sources?
We may combine the personally identifiable information that we collect from you with other information about you that we collect or receive from other sources. This information may be used to improve our websites, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
How do I know my personally identifiable information is secure?
- We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personally identifiable information. No company can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the Internet. You should know that unauthorized persons might attempt to intercept your network communications. We encourage you to exercise caution in accessing Wi-Fi hotspots and other communications networks.
- When you enter your personally identifiable information on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personally identifiable financial information, look at your browser's security level indicator to the right of the address bar or lower right corner of the window. If you see a solid key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
What about links to other websites?
How do I contact you?
Skyhigh Networks, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
1601 S DeAnza Blvd, Suite 248, Cupertino, CA 95014
What are the California Privacy Rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Skyhigh Networks who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us:
Skyhigh Networks, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
1601 S DeAnza Blvd, Suite 248, Cupertino, CA 95014
For additional information, please see:
Information Related to Data Collected through the Skyhigh Discovery and Risk Assessment Service
Skyhigh Networks collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes.
We collect information for our clients, if you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly.
Service Provider, Sub-Processors/Onward Transfer
Skyhigh Networks may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our Clients
Access to Data Controlled by our Clients
Skyhigh Networks has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the COMPANY’s Client (the data controller). If the Client requests Skyhigh Networks to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Skyhigh Networks will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Skyhigh Networks will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.