Amazon Web Services (AWS), is using artificial intelligence (AI) to bolster its security offering. A new ‘threat-hunting’ service, called Amazon Detective, enhances AWS’ alerting systems by providing details about the size and scope of security threats, and helping to reconstruct methods and targets of attacks.
McAfee® MVISION Cloud on AWS now includes support for Amazon Detective, providing customers with seamless incident detection and remediation. Through this integration, customers now have the ability to react to security issues quickly and confidently while leveraging the appropriate tools for incident investigation.
Amazon Detective makes it easy to analyze, investigate, and quickly identify the root cause of security findings or suspicious activities. Amazon Detective automatically collects log data from AWS resources and uses machine learning, statistical analysis, and graph theory to help customers visualize and conduct faster and more efficient security investigations. With MVISION Cloud, customers can leverage a trusted cloud platform that has achieved AWS Security Competency status and received AWS Well-Architected designation for its Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technology.
The new capabilities in McAfee MVISION Cloud on AWS include:
- Integration with Amazon Detective: detect configuration issues or other cloud risks using MVISION Cloud and move seamlessly into the investigation phase with Amazon Detective.
- Architectural Freedom of Choice includes Configuration Audit/Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) for diverse cloud workloads. Incidents can be detected for a wide array of virtual machine (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)) or container-based workloads (Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon EKS) including storage services needed to support the target applications.
- Rich, multifaceted incident data: provides integrated CASB-derived functionality such as DLP/malware detection and user behavior and threat analytics that go beyond detecting basic configuration issues. Identify threats and prioritize remediation, for a frictionless move into Amazon Detective to resolve risks quickly and efficiently.
- McAfee MVISION Cloud on AWS
- AWS Competency Program
- Amazon Workplace: MVISION Cloud
CASB Magic Quadrant 2020 is here – McAfee a leader for the fourth consecutive year
CASB Magic Quadrant 2019 is here – McAfee a Leader for third consecutive year
CASB RFP Template: 200+ Common Questions Enterprises Are Asking
9 Cloud Computing Security Risks Every Company Faces
Office 365 Security Concerns: Download Definitive Guide to Office 365 eBook
51 AWS Security Best Practices