Campbell, Calif. – Sept 29, 2015 – Skyhigh Networks, the cloud security and enablement company, today announced its next-generation audit, compliance and governance capabilities for Box, empowering businesses to connect with customers, partners and employees in a whole new way. Skyhigh for Box delivers actionable insights and management over data without altering the Box end-user experience. This solution is part of Skyhigh’s Security Intelligence Platform for Sanctioned Cloud Services announced in April of this year.
Organizations require an additional layer of protection and management for corporate data residing outside of the traditional network perimeter. The average enterprise uses 57 file sharing services and the average employee uses four distinct file sharing services.
Furthermore, file sharing services account for 39 percent of corporate data uploaded to the cloud, more than any other category. 23 percent of corporate data uploaded to cloud services is uploaded to Box, far more than to any other cloud service. Skyhigh for Box addresses security blind spots like insider threats, accidental data leakage and compromised accounts.
The new capabilities for Skyhigh for Box include:
- Behavioral Analytics: Identifies and prevents data loss from compromised accounts and insider threats, driven by anomalies that take into account the context of the user (e.g. role and reputation), application, data, action, device and location.
- Privileged User Analytics: Monitors all privileged user activities including escalation of privileges, user provisioning and unauthorized use for audit and compliance purposes.
- Sensitive Data Analytics:Provides a detailed and continuous view of all sensitive data (such as PII, PHI or corporate IP) stored in these systems, where the data is located, who is accessing it and DLP violations based on the enterprise’s policies.
- Collaboration Analytics: Identifies the size, scope and relevance of all third parties (customers, suppliers, partners) collaborating with the enterprise, assesses the risks of partners, monitors data accessed by partners and reports on all exceptions to collaboration policies.
- Security Policy Analytics: Discovers the current settings for all security configurations and suggests modifications to improve security based on industry best practices.
- Alerting, Reporting and Remediation: Delivers real-time alerts, integrates with existing SIEMs, provides drill down capability for forensics and investigations and enables policy-driven remediation (e.g. block, quarantine, encrypt, force two-factor authentication).
These new features, along with Skyhigh for Box’s existing capabilities such as Cloud Activity Monitoring, deliver a complete audit, compliance and governance solution for Box. To get a free Box Audit visit Skyhigh’s website: http://info.skyhighnetworks.com/Free-Box-Audit.html
Comments on the News
“Skyhigh for Box allows organizations to unlock the benefits of cloud-based file sharing and collaboration while meeting security, compliance and governance requirements. We are privileged to be able to help enterprises address all of their data security requirements for Box, an industry leader in content sharing and collaboration.” – Rajiv Gupta, CEO of Skyhigh Networks
“Global organizations are empowering workforces of hundreds of thousands of employees to share information and make decisions with agility and speed. Moving content and collaboration to the cloud enables enterprises across industries and geographies to be more competitive and productive. Our partnership with Skyhigh ensures that these businesses can always meet the strictest data governance requirements.” – Justin Somaini, Chief Trust Officer at Box.
Skyhigh at BoxWorks 2015
Join us at our BoxWorks Session, “Building the Trust Ecosystem” on September 29th at 3:30 pm PT. The session will explore a framework for protecting data in the world of cloud and mobile, the role of the cloud provider and the leading security and governance vendors who have partnered with Box to bring you the Trust Ecosystem for protecting content. To see a live demo of Skyhigh for Box, please visit the Skyhigh booth at BoxWorks 2015 in San Francisco – Booth D1 in the north hall at the Moscone Center. For more information on Skyhigh at BoxWorks, visit our website: https://www.skyhighnetworks.com/boxworks/
To learn more, download the Skyhigh for Box datasheet: http://info.skyhighnetworks.com/DS-Skyhigh-for-Box-Datasheet_Banner-Cloud-MFE.html
About Skyhigh Networks
Skyhigh Networks, the cloud security and enablement company, helps enterprises safely adopt cloud services while meeting their security, compliance and governance requirements. Over 500 enterprises including Aetna, Comcast, DIRECTV, HP and Western Union use Skyhigh to gain visibility into all cloud services in use and their associated risk; analyze cloud usage to identify security breaches, compromised accounts and insider threats; and seamlessly enforce security policies with encryption, data loss prevention, contextual access control and activity monitoring. Headquartered in Campbell, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners, Sequoia and Salesforce Ventures. You can follow us on Twitter @SkyhighNetworks or learn more at skyhighnetworks.com.
Director of Corporate Communications