Campbell, Calif. – Nov 4, 2015 – Skyhigh Networks, the cloud security and enablement company, today announced its next-generation audit, compliance and governance capabilities for Dropbox, empowering businesses to connect with customers, partners and employees in a whole new way. Skyhigh’s integration with Dropbox delivers actionable insights and management over data without altering the Dropbox end-user experience.
Organizations require an additional layer of protection and management for corporate data residing outside of the traditional network perimeter. The average enterprise uses 57 file sharing services and uploads 5.6 terabytes of data to these services each month while the average employee uses four distinct file sharing services. Furthermore, file sharing services account for 39 percent of corporate data uploaded to the cloud, more than any other category and the average company shares documents with 849 external domains.
The Skyhigh Dropbox integration delivers the following capabilities:
- Cloud Data Loss Prevention: Enforces DLP policies based on data identifiers, keywords, and regular expressions and supports alerting, blocking, tombstoning, and quarantining actions.
- On-Demand Data Scan: Examines existing content to identify sensitive data subject to compliance requirements or security policies.
- On-Premises DLP Integration: Provides integration and closed-loop remediation with existing on-premises DLP solutions such as Symantec Vontu, EMC RSA, Intel McAfee, and Websense.
- Behavioral Analytics: Identifies and prevents data loss from compromised accounts and insider threats, driven by anomalies that take into account the context of the user (e.g. role and reputation), application, data, action, device, and location.
- Privileged User Analytics: Monitors all privileged user activities including escalation of privileges, user provisioning, and unauthorized use for audit and compliance purposes.
- Geo-Location Analytics: Visualizes global access patterns and analyzes activity to identify impossible cross-region access attempts indicative of compromised accounts.
- Sensitive Data Analytics:Provides a detailed and continuous view of all sensitive data (such as PII, PHI or corporate IP) stored in these systems, where the data is located, who is accessing it, and DLP violations based on the enterprise’s policies.
- Collaboration Analytics: Identifies the size, scope, and relevance of all third parties (customers, suppliers, partners) collaborating with the enterprise, monitors data accessed by partners, and reports on all exceptions to collaboration policies.
- Security Policy Analytics: Discovers the current settings for all security configurations and suggests modifications to improve security based on industry best practices.
- Policy Violation Management: Offers a unified interface to both review and remediate all DLP, access control, or collaboration policy violations.
- Cloud Activity Monitoring: Provides a comprehensive audit trail of all user and admin activities to support post-incident investigations and forensics.
- Alerting and Reporting: Delivers real-time alerts and integrates with existing SIEMs.
Comments on the News
“Most Dropbox for Business deployments contain critical business information. The Skyhigh integration with Dropbox allows organizations to unlock the benefits of cloud-based file sharing and collaboration while seamlessly meeting security, compliance and governance requirements. We are privileged to be able to help enterprises address all of their data security requirements for Dropbox.” – Rajiv Gupta, CEO of Skyhigh Networks
“Customer trust is our highest priority, and we are dedicated to providing leading security solutions to our customers. We have teamed up with leading security companies that provide our customers the agility to manage modern security risks. These partners balance a relentless focus on security with an exceptional commitment to ease of use.” – Patrick Heim, Head of Trust & Security for Dropbox
Skyhigh at Dropbox Open 2015
To learn more, visit the Skyhigh booth during Dropbox Open, November 4 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco.
About Skyhigh Networks
Skyhigh Networks, the cloud security and enablement company, helps enterprises safely adopt cloud services while meeting their security, compliance, and governance requirements. Over 500 enterprises including Aetna, Comcast, DIRECTV, HP and Western Union use Skyhigh to gain visibility into all cloud services in use and their associated risk; analyze cloud usage to identify security breaches, compromised accounts and insider threats; and seamlessly enforce security policies with encryption, data loss prevention, contextual access control and activity monitoring. Headquartered in Campbell, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners, Sequoia and Salesforce Ventures. You can follow us on Twitter @SkyhighNetworks or learn more at skyhighnetworks.com.
Director of Corporate Communications