CAMPBELL, Calif. — Apr. 18, 2017 — Skyhigh Networks (McAfee MVISION Cloud), the world’s leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), today announced Skyhigh for Workplace, a comprehensive security and compliance platform for Workplace by Facebook. Skyhigh’s CASB extends Workplace’s native security capabilities, helping empower IT teams to easily apply data loss prevention (DLP) policies, address threats, audit user activity and secure corporate data in real time.
Workplace by Facebook is a collaboration platform that helps organizations get more done. As employees increasingly demand more collaborative technology at work, Workplace serves as an integral part of people’s day-to-day work flows, making work simpler and more efficient. Skyhigh for Workplace provides an additional layer of security and management to the platform’s built-in, robust security features, all of which help businesses protect their own users, data and applications.
Skyhigh for Workplace will provide a full set of security, governance and compliance capabilities including:
- Policy enforcement. Using Skyhigh, enterprises can make sure sensitive content such as personally-identifiable information (PII), personal health information (PHI), intellectual property and financial records aren’t improperly shared. Skyhigh provides out-of-the-box templates for companies to enforce policies related to regulations such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI, or companies can create robust customized policies.
- Activity monitoring. Skyhigh uses Workplace APIs to log user activity and enriches the information by mapping usage data to categories. IT teams can consume this by filtering for parameters such as category, date and department to easily retrieve information required for audits and forensics.
- Threat protection. By analyzing activity logs on Workplace, Skyhigh can detect threats associated with insiders and privileged users. By analyzing employee activity across all SaaS services using multiple threshold-based and algorithmic methods, Skyhigh helps detect these threats early so companies can limit their impact.
- Integration with existing infrastructure. Skyhigh provides out-of-the-box integration with security infrastructure components such as on-premises DLP systems, security information and event management products (SIEMs), and firewalls, allowing companies to seamlessly extend their controls to Workplace usage. Many enterprises have made significant investments in protecting their on-premises data assets and can leverage Skyhigh’s integration to extend existing controls to the cloud.
“Modern companies rely on a full portfolio of cloud services, from CRM to file sharing to collaboration platforms like Workplace by Facebook. And while employees need to intuitively exchange data with each other and partners, the IT department is responsible for protecting sensitive data from internal and external threats,” said Kamal Shah, SVP of Products and Marketing, Skyhigh. “Skyhigh serves as a single point of control to monitor, detect and remediate threats across all cloud applications, and we are thrilled to support Workplace by Facebook.”
· Research: Q4, 2016 Cloud Adoption and Risk Report
For more stories and to join the cloud security conversation, follow Skyhigh on The Cloud Security Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Skyhigh (McAfee MVISION Cloud)
Skyhigh Networks, the world’s leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), enables enterprises to safely adopt cloud services, while meeting their security, compliance and governance requirements. With more than 600 enterprise customers globally, Skyhigh provides organizations the visibility and management for all their cloud services, including enforcement of data loss prevention policies; detecting and preventing internal and external threats; encrypting data with customer-controlled keys; and implementing access-control policies. Headquartered in Campbell, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Thomvest Ventures, Tenaya Capital and other strategic investors. For more information, visit https://www.skyhighnetworks.com.
# # #