CUPERTINO, Calif. — Sept. 16, 2014 —Skyhigh Networks, the Cloud Visibility and Enablement Company, today announced an agreement with Palo Alto Networks to deliver data visibility, security, and governance capabilities for SaaS-based applications operating within the public cloud. This integrated solution incorporates new risk-based policies generated by Skyhigh Discover and AnalyzeTM and enforced through the Palo Alto Networks enterprise security platform to enable greater control over more than 7,000 cloud applications.
“We are pleased to team with Skyhigh Networks to provide unique SaaS security capabilities to our mutual customers,” said Chad Kinzelberg, senior vice president of business and corporate development at Palo Alto Networks. “With this integration, our joint customers benefit from advanced cloud application identification and control capabilities and realize additional value from their Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall technology.”
Skyhigh Discover and AnalyzeTM integrates with the Palo Alto Networks enterprise security platform to deliver the following capabilities:
- Visibility: Discover all SaaS traffic, including encrypted traffic, regardless of port or protocol to improve identification of risky applications.
- Access Control: Enforce course and granular access control policies based on objective CloudTrust ratings of thousands of cloud services derived from 50+ attributes.
- CloudAnomaly™ Detection: Identify anomalous behavior indicative of a security breach or insider threat within SaaS-based cloud environments.
- CloudDLP™: Extend data loss prevention policies to cloud applications and enable a broad range of remediation actions.
- Cloud Audit Trail™: Understand detailed metrics of cloud application usage, including views, updates, and downloads for investigations.
- Palo Alto Networks Panorama™: Direct new policy updates for SaaS applications, enforced immediately by the Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall.
Additionally, Skyhigh SecureTM provides deeper security and compliance policy enforcement such as data encryption and tokenization with customer managed keys and data loss prevention, for corporate data stored in Salesforce, ServiceNow, Jive, Box, and other corporate cloud applications
“We are committed to ensuring that our customers are able to leverage their existing investments in firewalls to manage security policies across 7,000+ cloud applications,” said Chris Cesio, vice president of Business Development and Alliances at Skyhigh Networks. “We are excited to align with Palo Alto Networks to combine the power of market-leading next-generation firewalls with Skyhigh’s ground-breaking cloud access security broker capabilities for the benefit of our mutual customers.”
About Skyhigh Networks
Skyhigh Networks, the Cloud Visibility and Enablement Company, enables enterprises to embrace cloud services with appropriate levels of security, compliance, and governance. Over 200 enterprises including BMC Software, Creative Artists Agency, Cisco, Diebold, DirecTV and Equinix use Skyhigh to manage their “Cloud Adoption Lifecycle” with unparalleled visibility and risk assessment, usage and threat analytics, and seamless policy enforcement. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital. For more information, visit us at www.skyhighnetworks.com or follow us on Twitter @skyhighnetworks.