CUPERTINO, Calif. — May 12, 2014 —Skyhigh Networks (McAfee MVISION Cloud), the Cloud Visibility and Enablement Company, announced today it had been selected as a finalist for Red Herring’s Top 100 North America award, a prestigious list honoring the year’s most promising private technology ventures from the North American business region.
Red Herring has been selecting the most exciting and promising start-ups and “scale ups” since 1995. Finalists are still evaluated individually from a large pool of hundreds of candidates based across North America. Twenty major criteria underlie the scoring and process. They include, among others: the candidate company’s addressable market size, its IP and patents, its financing, the proof of concept, trailing revenues and management’s expertise. Each company goes through an individual interview after filling out a thorough submission, complemented by a due diligence. The list of finalists often includes the best performing and prominent companies of that year.
This unique assessment of potential is complemented by a review of the company’s actual track record and standing, which allows Red Herring to see past the “buzz” and make the list a valuable instrument for discovering and advocating the greatest business opportunities in the industry.
Skyhigh Networks enables organizations to adopt cloud services with appropriate security, compliance, and governance. Skyhigh supports the entire cloud adoption lifecycle, providing unparalleled visibility, usage analytics, and policy-based control. Specifically Skyhigh:
- Shines a light on Shadow IT by giving a comprehensive view into an organization’s use of all cloud services (10-12x more cloud services are used than anticipated by IT).
- Delivers an objective risk assessment (derived from 50+ attributes) for every cloud service in use to quickly identify data, business and legal risks of the service.
- Analyzes the use of all cloud services to identify opportunities for IT to broker appropriate services, reduce risk and costs by consolidating subscriptions, and highlight anomalous behavior indicative of a security breach or insider threat.
- Enforces the organization’s policies on the use of over 6,000 cloud services by providing access control, data encryption, data loss prevention, and detailed audit trail for forensic and compliance purposes.
- Enables secure mobile access to approved cloud services without requiring an agent or footprint on the device.
“The finalists list confirms the excellent choices made by entrepreneurs and VCs and the start-ups’ solid roots in corporate America, embracing their innovations. By all metrics, it emphasizes the United States’ entrepreneurial excellence,” said Alex Vieux, publisher and CEO of Red Herring.
Finalist selections for the 2014 edition of the Red Herring 100 North America award are based upon technological innovation, management strength, market size, investor record, customer acquisition and financial health. During the several months leading up to the announcement, hundreds of companies in the fields of security, Web 2.0, software, hardware, life sciences, cloud, mobile and others completed their submissions to qualify for the award.
The Top 100 winners will be announced at a special awards ceremony the evening of May 16 at the event.
About Skyhigh Networks (McAfee MVISION Cloud)
Skyhigh Networks, the Cloud Visibility and Enablement Company, enables companies to embrace cloud services with appropriate levels of security, compliance, and governance. The company mission is to help CIOs securely enable cloud services that drive productivity and innovation within their businesses, while lowering risk and cost. Customers including BMC Software, Cisco, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Diebold and DirecTV use Skyhigh to manage their “Cloud Adoption Lifecycle” with unparalleled visibility, usage analytics, and policy enforcement. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital. For more information, visit us at www.skyhighnetworks.com or follow us on Twitter @skyhighnetworks.