Last Updated: 5/25/2018
Our privacy commitments described here cover only the Skyhigh Products. All other McAfee products are covered by the McAfee Privacy Notice, available at https://McAfee.com/privacy.
The Skyhigh Products participate in and have certified compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The Skyhigh Products are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
The Skyhigh Products are responsible for the processing of personal data they receive, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions for the Skyhigh Products.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
What are the Skyhigh Products’ practices regarding the collection and use of information?
Personally Identifiable Information:
We may collect personal data from you (including, without limitation, your name email address, phone number, event type and date) when you provide it to us such as when you create an account, enter a promotion, sign-up for a newsletter, participate in a survey, contact customer service or otherwise interact with us. We may maintain a record of the purchases you make with us.Personal data may also include information regarding which software-as-a-service (SaaS) websites, and any websites, are used, by whom used, when used and the frequency of use. We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send your information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products, services, promotions and the like;
- To administer and fulfill information requests and our promotions and offers, and, if you order products or services, to process and fulfill your order and to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To help us learn more about your preferences;
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- To enhance your experience with the Skyhigh Products;
- To analyze trends and statistics;
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and business; and
- To contact you if necessary.
We may also collect from you the following personal information about your contacts:
- Name and email address, in order to provide you with product updates.
When you provide us with personal data about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal data and you would like us to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us through our Individual Data Request Form.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
What are Skyhigh Networks’ practices regarding sharing and disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information?
- Skyhigh Networks may aggregated data for its business purposes portions of the Customer Data, or specific metrics derived from customer’s usage of the Skyhigh Products and services, or both.
- We may collect and aggregate statistics on our product usage and any related cloud service usage across customers that will help us perform industry benchmarking of service usage, product usage trending, and for projecting business and operational scaling.
- We may provide your information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- If and when we are compelled to disclose information, personal data of any user may be shared with other companies: as required by law, such as to comply with subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. If the Skyhigh Products are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of the assets, you will be notified via email/and or a prominent notice on our website, of any change of ownership, users of personal data, and choices you may have regarding your personal data. We may also disclose your personal data to any other third party with your prior consent.
How do I access or change my information?
- Upon request, We will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal data. You can review and change certain personal data related to your use of this Site (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at this Site, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit or delete your personal data in your account profile. Login information, which is a basis for accessing our system is not immediately purged or deleted. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You can also submit an Individual Data Request Form.
- You can also ask us to update your personal data by submitting an Individual Data Request Form.
- Customer Testimonials/Comments/Reviews: We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our Site which may contain personal data. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your personal data from testimonials or comments please submit an Individual Data Request Form.
How do I stop receiving marketing communications?
- If you prefer not to receive promotional emails, such as information about new products, special offers and sales events, from one or more of the Skyhigh Products, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link found on the email.
- Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Do you combine information from different sources?
We may combine the personal data that we collect from you with other information about you that we collect or receive from other sources. This information may be used to improve our Site, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
How do I know my personally identifiable information is secure?
- We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal data. No company can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the Internet. You should know that unauthorized persons might attempt to intercept your network communications. We encourage you to exercise caution in accessing Wi-Fi hotspots and other communications networks.
- When you enter your personal data on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personally identifiable financial information, look at your browser’s security level indicator to the right of the address bar or lower right corner of the window. If you see a solid key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https.”
What about links to other websites?
The Skyhigh Products collect information under the direction of Our Clients, and We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data the Skyhigh Products process. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal data to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
We acknowledged that you have the right to access your personal data. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Skyhigh Products’ Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal data or may need to retain your personal data to continue providing a service.
Residents of the European Economic Area
Skyhigh is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under EU law.
Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and providing the Services you purchase or request).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to provide, secure, and improve our Services, in communicating with you about changes to our Services, and in informing you about new services or products.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and have a concern about our practices concerning the processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside.
How do I contact you?
For other questions, contact us by one of the following methods:
In the United States by calling us at +1 866-622-3911 or by writing to us at:
The Skyhigh Products
Legal Department – Privacy Office,
5000 Headquarters Drive,
Plano TX 75024
In the European Economic Area by calling us at +44 (0) 1753 217 500 or by writing to us at:
The Skyhigh Products
McAfee, Legal Department
2000 City Gate
In Japan by calling us or by writing to us at:
The Skyhigh Products
Personal Information Protection Manager
McAfee Co. Ltd.
Shibuya Mark City West,
Tel: (switchboard) 03-5428-1100
What are the California Privacy Rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us:
The Skyhigh Products
Legal Department – Privacy Office,
5000 Headquarters Drive,
Plano TX 75024, +1 866-622-3911
For additional information, please see: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws